Residential

Residential


The Facts

There is nothing worse than not feeling safe in your own home. Often mold has that impact on families as there is concern that mold is making your family sick. The reality is, molds are very common in buildings and homes and will grow anywhere indoors where there is moisture. The most common indoor molds are Cladosporium, Penicillium, Aspergillus, and Alternaria. While everyone’s main concern is Stachybotrys chartarum (Black Mold) and its supposed “toxic effects” the reality is the term “toxic mold” is not accurate. While certain molds are toxigenic, meaning they can produce toxins (specifically mycotoxins), the molds themselves are not toxic, or poisonous. That said, it is important to properly remediate mold as a 2004 Institute of Medicine (IOM) study found there was sufficient evidence to link indoor exposure to mold with upper respiratory tract symptoms, cough, and wheeze in otherwise healthy people; with asthma symptoms in people with asthma; and with hypersensitivity pneumonitis in individuals susceptible to that immune-mediated condition. Don’t panic though, Invisimed has the solution!

Getting Rid of Mold

The trained technicians at Invisimed can come into an affected home and create a remediation protocol to safely and effectively remove damaged substrates and contain the friable spores within the immediate area. Then using our proprietary product, an Ultra Low Volume (ULV) mist, very similar in appearance to a “fog” can be deployed to kill the residual mold throughout both the affected area and the remainder of the home. The Invisimed product is an EPA registered product with extensive testing. It is the safest, least caustic and most effective product on the market today.

The Application

Typical applications can be completed in approximately one hour. Should damaged gypsum, framing, insulation or other building materials need to be removed, Invisimed can usually complete that work within a single working day by utilizing two separate teams. The initial team comes into the home, evaluates the damaged area and sets up containment, creating a negative airspace with HEPA filtered air scrubbers. This team will kill the surface mold using the Invisimed product and HEPA vacuum surface spores to minimize agitation.

Next, a demolition crew comes in to remove the damaged materials and properly bag them before they are disposed of offsite. This team will remove all of the damaged materials leaving a clean site for the homeowner and the space ready for the decontamination team to come back into the home and complete a full home treatment with the Invisimed product.

The last step is the treatment of the entire house to kill any friable spores that have migrated throughout the home and any mycotoxins that may be present. This step requires the homeowner to leave the home for approximately two hours while the product works its magic.

The Invisimed Difference

While there are many contractors who claim to specialize in killing mold and remediating water damage, most do not operate with an appropriate level of care and none offer the efficacy of the Invisimed product. With over 40 years of construction experience, we can effectively resolve any issues that may be causing the mold formation, but more importantly, the Invisimed product is truly one of a kind. Strong enough for use in hospitals and professional athletics as a treatment for MRSA and c. Diff mitigation but mild enough for your home where the healthy and safety of your loved ones is the ultimate priority.
Contact us today to find out how we can help you.